With the J1939server of port it is possible to get access to SAE J1939 network, maybe for diagnosis purposes. Therefore the provides a TCP/IP interface, which the connected client uses to exchange messages with other ECUs in the network. Instead the TCP/IP interface, the usage of the command line is possible too.
The demo version of J1939server for can4linux is available.
The J1939 Protocol Stack (in ANSI-C) is a complete implementation of the SAE J1939 protocol. By providing all communication mechanisms defined in the SAE J1939 specification the stack allows the developer to focus solely on the implementation of the application.
An adaption to other target systems can be performed easily within a few days due to the modular structure of the J1939 Protocol Stack based on the OSI layer model.
The ANSI-C compliant J1939 Protocol Stack provides the following features:
- Transmission and reception of application-specific messages
- Pre-filtering of messages according to PGN and source address
- Support for the transport protocols TP-BAM and TP-CM to transmit larger blocks of data
- parallel communication with several consumers
- Support of "Address Claiming" for dynamic address assignment
The complete and detailed reference manual and the ready-to-run examples allow a fast access to the J1939 Protocol Stack with a minimum of time.
To integrate the J1939 Protocol Stack into an existing project its files have to be added to the application. The stack can be adopted to the requirements of the application by simple configuration files, which are included in the project. Thereby the required amount of memory can be optimally adjusted to the application. Further required hardware resources for the stack are a CAN interrupt and a cyclic timer interrupt.
Scope of Delivery
- J1939 Protocol Stack with separate driver interface
- CPU/CAN driver
- numerous, immediately compilable examples
- reference manual containing descriptions of all API functions, including parameters and return values
- support by E-Mail and update service free of charge within the support period
The CAN-Analyzer CAN-REport is an efficient and versatile tool for analysis and starting of CAN-based networks like J1939. The J1939 -specific interpretation of CAN messages is provided by a supplementary software module.
This extension interprets and visualizes J1939 messages. Furthermore it provides functions to send J1939 messages by the CAN-REport.
To connect the CAN-REport to the CAN network various PC-CAN interfaces are available for e.g. USB, RS232, PC-Card, PCI and PCI-Express interfaces.
Licensing Conditions (Excerpt)
For the J1939 Protocol Stack a one-off license fee is charged in form of the purchase price. Further license fees do not arise from the deployment of the software within the same company (no runtime licenses).
Handing over the software and the implementation, respectively, towards a third party is not allowed.
- 3000/10 J1939-SRCLIB-Slave-SL J1939 Developers Kit (Single CAN) in C sourcecode
- 570/12 J1939 Stack Integration Support
- 0580/10 CAN-REport-W (Windows™)
- 0580/20 CAN-REport-L (LINUX™)
- 0580/12 CAN-REport J1939 Extension