CPC-PCI/PCIe CAN Interface
CPC-PCI and CPC-PCIe are powerful CAN interface for PCs with PCI resp. PCI-Express slots. They provide galvanically isolated CAN 2.0B ISO 11898 for CAN transfer rates up to 1 Mbit/s.
- passive CAN interface for PCI- and for PCIe slots
- up to four CAN controller NXP SJA1000
- optional galvanic separation of the CAN channels
- optional separate power supply of the CAN channels with integrated DC/DC converter
- supports 11 bit frames and 29 bit frames
- development kit for Windows™ and LINUX™ available
The CAN interface boards CPC-PCI and CPC-PCIexpress were designed for industrial series and has a robust and cost efficient construction. The CPC-PCIe interface supports either one or two CAN channels and the CPC-PCI have available optional up to four CAN channels that can be operated independantly with different data rates. The interface comes with the NXP CAN controller chip SJA1000.
CPC-PCI/PCIe maps the CAN controller(s) directly in the address space of the PC and allows access of the CAN messages with low latencies. The CAN communication both with CPC-PCI and with CPC-PCIe may be handled either in interrupt controlled mode or in polled mode, interrupt channels are assigned automatically.
Optionally, both CAN interfaces CPC-PCI and CPC-PCIe are available with galvanic separation between PC and CAN bus. A galvanic separation between the CAN channels is also possible by separate DC/DC converters.
Connector DSub 9
complying to CiA DS-102
Type of the phy. connection
Maximum voltage on bus pins
±30V refering to bus ground
Isolation voltage with the galvanic seperation
Configuration and CAN communication with CPC-PCI and with CPC-PCIe are done by accesses to the memory address area of the PC. The appropriate data areas are mapped by CPC-PCI/PCIe and "plug & play" software into the memory address space.
The memory used by CPC-PCI/PCIe is divided in several sections. The control registers allow the detection of the interface type similar to the interfaces CPC-Card, CPC-XT and CPC-104 and the generation of interrupts for each CAN controller separately. The access to the CAN controllers occurs via a separate memory space for each interface. In these memory spaces, the sending and receiving buffers as well as the control registers of the CAN controllers are accessible.
Scope of Delivery
- Plug in board CPC-PCI/PCIe
- Sample code
- CPC-drivers for Windows™
- drivers for LINUX™
- 0665/07 galvanically decoupled PCI card with one CAN channel (ISO11898-2)
- 0665/08 galvanically decoupled PCI card with two CAN channels (ISO11898-2)
- 0665/10 galvanically decoupled PCI card with four CAN channels (ISO11898-2)
- 0665/20 PCIe card for PCI-Express slots with one CAN channel (ISO11898-2), galvanically decoupled
- 0665/21 PCIe card for PCI-Express slots with two CAN channels (ISO11898-2), galvanically decoupled
- 0690/10 CPC-Series Development Kit/Windows™
- 0690/20 CPC-Series Development Kit/LINUX™